Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Would Never Leave My Office

Have you ever sat in a Herman Miller Aeron chair?  I hadn't until recently and let me tell you that if I got one for myself, I may never leave my office!  I'd be sitting here blogging all day every day and you all would wonder what else I ever got done.  Actually, I think we would both be sick of my rambling written monologues if they were posted multiple times per day - but at least one of us would have a comfortable seat in which to read my semi-coherant thoughts!  This little obsession with comfortable seating all started because I'm helping a client organize her office both functionally and aesthetically and let me tell you these chairs combine the best of both function and form.  I purchased one for her today and I am tempted to "forget" to deliver it...hmmm...think she'd notice???

From the website:
The Aeron chair didn't end up in the Museum of Modern Art's permanent collection just because it looks cool. Although it does. Its looks are only the beginning. Aeron accommodates both the sitter and the environment. It adapts naturally to virtually every body, and it's 94% recyclable. Even if it's black, it's green.


Where are the cushions? A chair should conform to your contours and relieve the pressure points and heat build-up that cause the aches and pains and fatigue that people who sit all day often think are just part of the job. The Pellicle-that specially woven seat and back suspension material developed for Aeron-does what cushions can't. It conforms to your body and cradles it, keeping the pressure even across your body-and keeps you cool at the same time.


The Aeron aesthetic has been copied and copied-because, well, it's a beautiful chair. But despite its stand-out look, it fits right in, whether your office is high-tech, casual, elegant, or a room at home that doubles as a gym. Three Pellicle weaves in neutral colors and a range of finish options so that you can create the Aeron you really want.



Imaginative design, fast-forward ergonomics and a look so distinctive that it's probably the only office chair that people can identify by name. Adaptable to all sizes and shapes and all the motions you go through every day while seated, Aeron provides healthy comfort and balanced body support with its innovative suspension and easy-to-use adjustment controls. Work chair, side chair, and stool support all kinds of office work.


And finally, to top it all off on Earth Day no less - after all of the function and form brilliance, this chair is eco friendly!  Could it get any better?!  

Green was built into the Aeron chair from the beginning of the design stage. Almost two-thirds of each chair is recycled materials, and almost the entire chair-94%-is recyclable. Certified to MBDC Cradle to Cradle Silver, Aeron is GREENGUARD certified and can contribute to LEED certification.

Interested in getting one for yourself?  Here is where you can find one.  Happy happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment