Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bottom's Up!


Let me share with you the fun project that I am working on last / this week in my spare time.  It's not as easy as it looks but is well worth the time spent and I can't wait to deliver to my client.

Here is the BEFORE picture:




And here is the AFTER picture:



WOW, huh?!  I know!!!!  I was so excited when I got the first one done that I can't wait to see the look on my client's face when I deliver them.  They are going to really brighten the dining room!

Now let me tell you that if you take this endeavor on yourself, be sure you compare fabrics of what is coming OFF the chair and what you are putting ON it.  In fact, I would probably recommend taking the old fabric with you to pick the new.  In this instance, the old fabric is thin like a T-shirt and the seats wrapped in this fabric just plop into the chair frame...but the new fabric is thicker, almost like your favorite old jeans (but new) and it takes a little effort to get the seats in after ensconced in the beautiful, thicker fabric.   I'm wrestling with the corners because they have to be wrapped tightly and with as little fabric as possible - it's not like wrapping a gift where I can just tuck the extra paper under.   But this fabric is SO beautiful, I wouldn't change a thing.  I do need a manicure after this project though!

 The old fabric was lovely in it's day:

                           

And the new fabric?  HELLO, GORGEOUS!!!





  







No comments:

Post a Comment