Monday, January 4, 2010

QUICK TIP to save money with good storage solutions!


I don't know about you, but I'll forget what decorations / gift wrap I have on hand and end up buying duplicates or so much extra that I can't use it all so I've started a decorating file on my computer and yes, it's a spreadsheet but don't worry, it doesn't take the cheer out of decorating! (Actually, it kept me MORE cheerful this year because it prevented money from flying out of my pocket unnecessarily!)

And don't worry, it's not completely too late if your items are already packed up: first number the boxes, then get a piece of paper and write what items you can identify by opening each box, and start your spreadsheet, listing each box separately. I'd also suggest leaving yourself a friendly little reminder IN the first box to take inventory next year as you unpack....

No comments:

Post a Comment